9. Cunningham PJ, Clancy CM, Cohen JW, Wilets M. The use of hospital emergency departments for nonurgent health problems: a national perspective. Med Care Res & Rev 1995; 52(4): 453-474.
10. Rosenblatt RA, Wright GE, Baldwin L-M, Chan L, Clitherow P, Chen FM, Hart LG. The effect of the doctor-patient relationship on emergency department use among the elderly. Am J Pub Health 2000; 90(1): 97-102.
11. Larson EB. Deferred care for patients in the emergency department. Ann Intern Med 2002; 137(9): 764-765.
12. Gill JM, Mainous AG 3rd, Nsereko M. The effect of continuity of care on emergency department use. Arch Fam Med 2000; 9(4): 333-8.
13. Grumbach K, Keane D, Bindman A. Primary care and public emergency department overcrowding. Am J Pub Health 1993; 83(3): 372-378.
14. Selby JV, Fireman BH, Swain BE. Effects of a copayment on use of the emergency department in a health maintenance organization. N Eng J Med 1996; 334(10): 635-41.
15. Lowe RA, Abbuhl SB. Appropriate standards for «appropriateness» research. Ann Emerg Med 2001; 37(6):629-632.
16. Murphy AW. «Inappropriate» attenders at accident and emergency department I: definition, incidence and reasons for attendance. Fam Pract 1998; 15(1): 23-32.
17. Long SH, Settle RF. An evaluation of Utah’s primary care case management program for Medicaid recipients. Med Care 1981; 26(11): 1021-1032.
18. Hurley RE, Freund DA, Taylor DE. Emergency room use and primary care case management: evidence from four Medicaid demonstration programs. Am J Public Health 1989; 79(7): 843-847.
19. Derlet RW, Kinser D, Ray L, Hamilton B, McKenzie J. Prospective identification and triage of nonemergency patients our of an emergency department: A 5 year study. Ann Emerg Med 1995; 25(2): 215-223.
20. Lowe RA, Bindman AB, Ulrich SK, Norman G, Scaletta TA, Keane D, Washinton D, Grumbach K. Refusing care to emergency department of patients: evaluation of published triage guiderlines. Ann Emerg Med 1994; 23(2): 377-379.
21. Washington DL, Stevens CD, Shekelle PG. Next-day care for emergency department users with nonacute conditions. A randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med 2002; 137(9): 707-714.
22. Bertos JJ. Utilización inadecuada del servicio de urgencias hospitalario. Justificación de una consulta rápida. Todo Hospital 1997; 13: 29-38.
23. Dale J, Green J, Reid F, Glucksman F. Primary care in the accident and emergency department: I. Prospective identification of patients. BMJ 1995; 311(7002): 423-426.
24. Murphy AW, Bury G, Plunkett PK, Gibney D, Smith M, Mullan E et al. Randomised controlled trial of general practitioner versus usual medical care in an urban accident and emergency department: process, outcome, and comparative cost. BMJ 1996; 312(7039): 1135-1142.
25. Murphy AW, Plunkett PK, Bury G, Leonard C, Walsh J, Lynam F, Johnson Z. Effect of patients seeing a general practitioner in accident and emergency on their subsequent reattendance: cohort study. BMJ 2000; 320 (7239): 903-904.
26. Krakau I, Hassler E. Provision for clinic patients in the ED produces more nonemergency visits. Am J Emerg Med 1999; 17(1): 18-20.
27. Cardin S Afílalo M, Collet JP, Colacone A, Tselios C, Dankoff J, Guttman A. Intervention to decrease emergency department crowding: does it have an effect on return visits and hospital readmissions? Ann Emerg Med 2003; 41(2): 173-185.
28. Bucheli B, Martina B. Reduced length of stay in medical emergency department patients: a prospective controlled study on emergency physician staffing. Eur J Emerg Med 2004; 11(1): 29-34.
29. Patel PB, Vinson DR. Team assignment System: expediting emergency deparment care. Ann Emerg Med 2005; 46(6): 499-506.
30. Chan TC, Killeen JP, Kelly D, Guss DA. Impact of rapid entry and accelerated care at triage on reducing emergency department patient wait times. Lengths of stay, and rate of left without being seen. Ann Emerg Med 2005; 46(6): 491-497.
31. Lee-Lewandrowski E, Corboy D, Lewandrowski K. Implementation of a point-of-care satellite laboratory in the emergency department of an academic medical center. Impact on test turnaround time and patient emergency department length of stay. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2003; 127(4): 456-460.
32. Ross MA, Compton S, Richardson D, Jones R, Nittis T, Wilson A. The use and effectiveness of an emergency department observation unit for elderly patient. Ann Emerg Med 2003; 41(5): 668-677.
33. Kelen GD, Scheulen JJ, Hill PM. Effect of an emergency department (ED) managed acute care unit on ED overcrowding and emergency medical services diversion. Acad Emerg Med 2001; 8(11): 1095-1100