13. Busch N et al. Menopausal transition and psychological development. Menopause 2003; 10: 179-87.
14. Coupland CAC, Cliffe SJ, Bassey EI et al. Habitual physical activity and bone mineral density in postmenopausal women in England. Int J Epidemiol 1999; 28: 241-246.
15. Daly E, Gray A, Barlow D, McPherson K, Roche M, Vessey M. Measuring the impact of menopausal symptoms on quality of life. BMJ 1993; 307: 836–40.
16. Da Silva RB, Costa-Praiva L, Pinto-Neto AM, Braga, AA, Morais, SS. Association between habitual physical activity and parameters of physical fitness in postmenopausal women. Climateric 2005; 8: 360-370. 17. Dennerstein L. Well-being, symptoms and the menopausal transition. Maturitas 1996; 23: 147–157.
18. Dennerstein L et al. Mood and the menopausal transition. J Nerv Ment Dis 1999; 187: 685-691.
19. Dennerstein L, Lehert P, Guthrie J. The effects of the menopausal transition and biopsychosocial factors on well-being. Arch Women Ment Health 2002; 5: 15–22.
20. Drewnowsky, A., Evans, W.J. Nutrition, physical activity, and quality of life in older adults: summary. J Gerontol 2001; 56A: 89-94.
21. Duncan J, Gordon N, Scout C. Women walking for health and fitness. JAMA 1991.
22. Erlangen Fitness Osteoporosis Prevention Study (EFOPS): Benefits of 2 years of intense exercise on bone density, physical fitness and blood lipids in early postmenopausal osteopenic women. Arch Intern Med 2004; 164: 1084-1091.53.
23. Godoy D, Godoy JF. Promoción de la actividad física. In I. Montorio M. Izal (Eds.), Intervención psicológica en la vejez: Aplicaciones en el ámbito clínico y de la salud (pp. 79-97). Madrid: Síntesis. 1999.
24. Godoy-Izquierdo D, Pradas F, Vélez M, de Teresa C, Godoy JF. Practicing exercise, health and quality of life in the elderly: a review. Documento no publicado a. Enviado a Research Quarterly of Exercise and Sport.
25. Godoy-Izquierdo D, Vélez M, Pradas F, de Teresa C., Godoy JF. Effects of an exercise programme based on aerobic resistance, muscular strength, and flexibility training in older women II: exercise, health, and quality of life. Documento no publicado b. Enviado a Psychology in Sport and Exercise.
26. Irwin ML, Yutaka Y, Ulrich CM et al. Effect of exercise on total and intraabdominal body fat in postmenopausal women. JAMA 2003; 289: 323- 330.
27. Kanaley JA, Sames C, Swisher L et al. Abdominal fat distribution in pre and postmenopausal women: the impact of physical activity, age and menopause status. Metabolism 2001; 50: 976-982.
28. Kuh DL, Wadsworth M, Hardy R. Women’s health in midlife: the influence of the menopause, social factors and health in earlier life. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1997; 104: 923–33.
29. Kumari M, Stafford M, Marmot M. The menopausal transition was associated in a prospective study with decreased health functioning in women who report menopausal symptoms. J Clin Epidemiol 2005; 58: 719–727.
30. Hansen R, Allen BJ. Habitual physical activity, anabolic hormones and potassium content of fat-free mass in postmenopausal women. Am J Clin Nutr 2002; 75: 314-320.
31. Holte A, Mikkelsen A. Psychosocial determinants of climacteric complaints. Maturitas 1991; 13: 205–215.
32. Matthews KA, Wing RR, Kuller LH, et al. Influences of natural menopause on psychological characteristics and symptoms of middle-aged healthy women. J Consult Clin Psychol 1990; 58: 345–51.
33. McKechnie R, RubenfireM, Mosca L. Association between self-reported physical activity and vascular reactivity in postmenopausal women. Atherosclerosis 2001; 159: 483-490.
34. Mishra G, Brown WJ, Dobson AJ. Physical and mental health: changes during menopause transition. Qual Life Res 2003; 12: 405–12. 54
35. Miszko, TA, Cress, MF. A lifetime of fitness. Exercise in the perimenopausal and postmenopausal woman. Clin Sports Med. 2000; 19: 215-232.
36. Moreau KL, Degarmo R, Langley J et al. Increasing daily walking lowers blood pressure in postmenopausal women. Med Sci Sports Exer 2001; 33: 1825-1831.
37. Morss GM, Jordan NA, Skiner JS et al. Dose-responde to exercise in women aged 45-75 yr (DREW): design and rationale. J Sci Sports Exer 2004; 36: 336-344.
38. Palacios S et al. Calidad de vida relacionada con la salud en la mujer española durante la perimenopausia y posmenopausia. Desarrollo y validación de la Escala Cervantes. Med Clin (Barc) 2004; 122: 205-211.
39. Patacchioli FR, Simeoni S, Monnazzi P, Paceb M, Capri O, Perrone G. Menopause, mild psychological stress and salivary cortisol:
40. Influence of long-term hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Maturitas 2006; 55: 150–155.
41. Patrick DL, Deyo RA. Generic and disease-specific measures in assessing health status and quality of life. Med Care 1989; 27: S217-S232.
42. Polo-Kantola P, Saaresranta T, Polo O. Aetiology and treatment of sleep disturbances during perimenopause and postmenopause. CNS-Drugs. 2001; 15: 445-452.
43. Pradas F, Godoy-Izquierdo D, Vélez M, Godoy JF, de Teresa C. Effects of an exercise programme based on aerobic resistance, muscular strength, and flexibility training in older women I: exercise, fitness, and health in the elderly. Documento no publicado. Enviado a Journal of Aging and Physical Activity.
44. Schneider HP. The quality of life in the post-menopausal woman. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2002; 16: 395–409.
45. Simkin-Silverman LR, Wing RR, Boraz MA, Kuller LH. Lifestyle intervention can prevent weight gain during menopause: results from a 5-year randomized clinical trial. Ann-Behav-Med 2003; 26: 212-220.
46. Slaven L, Lee C. Mood and symptoms reporting among middle-aged women: The relationship between menopausal status, hormonal replacement therapy, and exercise participation. Health Psychol 1997; 16: 203-208.
47. Teoman N, Ozcan A, Acar B. The effect of exercise on physical fitness and quality of life in postmenopausal women. Maturitas 2004; 47: 71-77. 55
48. Wallace BA, Cumming RG. Systematic review of randomized trials of the effect of exercise on bone mass in pre and postmenopausal women. Calcif Tissue Int 2000; 67: 10-18.
49. Woods NF, Lentz M, Mitchell E. The new woman. Health promoting and health damaging behaviours. Health Care Women Int 1993; 14: 389–40