5. Ferrell BR, Coyle N. Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2010.
6. Bain K, Maxwell TL, Strassels SA, Whellan DJ. Hospice use among patients with heart failure. Am Heart J. 2009;1(58):118–25.
7. Zambroski C, Lennie T, Chung ML, Heo S, Smoot T, Ziegler C. Use of the Memorial Symptom Assessment Scale-Heart Failure in heart failure patients. Circulation. 2004;25(4):110.
8. McMillan SC, Small BJ, Schonwetter R. Impact of a coping skills intervention with family caregivers of hospice patients with cancer: a randomized clinical trial. Cancer. 2006;106(1):214-21.
9. Wilson, J. McMillan, S. Symptoms Experienced by Heart Failure Patients in Hospice Care. J HosP&Pal Nurs 2013;15(1):13-21.
10. Eckel RH, Jakicic JM, Ard JD. 2013 AHA/ACC guideline on lifestyle management to reduce cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation. De próxima aparición. 2013 Nov 12.
11. Goodlin SJ, Wingate S, Houser JL. How painful is advanced heart failure? Results from PAIN-HF. J Card Fail. 2008;14,(6S):S106.
12. Evangelista L, Sackett E, Dracup K. Pain and heart failure: unrecognized and untreated. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2009;(8):169–33.
13. Lennie T. Symptom variability, not severity, predicts rehospitalization and mortality in patients with heart failure. EurJ Cardiovasc Nurs. 2011;10:124–9.
14. McMillan SC, Dunbar SB, Zhang W. The prevalence of symptoms in hospice patients with end-stage heart disease. J Hosp Palliat Nurs. 2007;9(3):124–31.
15. Weber MA, Schiffrin EL, White WB. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of hypertension in the community: a statement by the American Society of Hypertension and the International Society of Hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2014;16:14-26.
16. Takashima N, Ohkubo T, Miura K. Long-term risk of BP values above normal for cardiovascular mortality: a 24-year observation of Japanese aged 30 to 92 years. J Hypertens 2012;30(12):2299–306.
17. Garrison CM, Overcash J, McMillan SC. Predictors of quality of life in elderly hospice patients with cancer. J Hosp Palliat Nurs. 2011:13(5):288–97.
18. Mentz RJ, Fiuzat M, Shaw LK. Comparison of clinical characteristics and long-term outcomes of patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy with versus without angina pectoris (from the Duke Databank for Cardiovascular Disease). Am J Cardiol 2012;109:1272–7.
19. Allen LA, Stevenson LW, Grady KL. Decision making in advanced heart failure. A scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Council on Cardiovascular Nursing Council on Clinical Cardiology Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention and Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia. Circ. 2012,125:1928–52.
20. Udelson JE. Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Circulation 2011;124:e540–3.
21. Steinberg BA, Zhao X, Heidenreich PA., for the GWTG Scientific Advisory Committee and Investigators. Trends in patients hospitalized with heart failure and preserved left ventricular ejection fraction: prevalence, therapies, and outcomes. Circulation 2012;126:65–75.
22. Yancy CW, Jessup M, Bozkurt B. American College of Cardiology Foundation; American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62:e147-e239.